The Assisted Living Effect: Healthier and Happy Life
Be More Healthy And Happy In Assisted Living
Indeed, many seniors resist going to a senior living home. However, touring the communities can help families and their senior loved ones go with the best option as per their present situation. According to recent research, it shows that assisted living often trumps living alone as communities have diversified their market by providing fun retirement and socialization services. Deciding what is best for your family is an altogether personal decision, however; luckily there are some fantastic resources to assist you in making an educated decision for your senior loved ones.
Assisted Living in Portland and Many Cities Is Growing Quickly
Moving to an assisted living is a great step for seniors who need more help with daily needs and socialization than the family can give at home. Here we have got a few convincing reasons to consider assisted living for a good quality of life:
- Social Activity: If the senior lives alone, living at home can be isolating. An Assisted living facility provides socialization through planned activities and outings such as cultural events, dancing and field trips.
- Intellectual Stimulation: Assisted living communities offer plenty of opportunities for learning such as book clubs, computer classes, art classes, gardening and lots more. Some of the senior living homes are even situated nearby a college so that residents can make the most of the nearby campus resources and cultural offerings.
- Safe Living Environment: Very often, in-home care is required for a safe living environment in a family home which can be pretty expensive. Whereas, assisted living is designed for its mobility and accessibility while also giving professional care and medical attention, as the situation demands.
- Chef-Prepared, Nutritious Meals: Senior nutrition is a massive concern these days since many seniors are malnourished nowadays. Assisted living offers nutritious and chef-prepared cuisine catered for particular medical conditions and senior needs. Residents are served 3 meals a day as per their changing health needs.
- Assistance with Daily Living: Family caregivers are normally responsible for helping seniors with activities of daily living such as bathing, eating and dressing when senior lives at home. In other circumstances, the family or the senior has to bear the cost of a home care help. Both these options can cause personal and financial strain on the family.
- No Stress of Housekeeping and Transportation: Keeping up with housekeeping, daily chores and appointments can be stressful not just for seniors but also for their family. Certainly, the wide majority of these burdens are relieved in assisted living communities.
By now you must have learned the benefits of moving to an assisted living home, so have a healthy conversation with your senior loved one and help him/her discover the beauty of their next home.